The MSRG Edge
- Our service is beyond brokerage; we are a financial consultant, educator, and partner to the end user.
- Provide you with a survey commonly known as comparative market analysis, which consists of intimate knowledge and an intense study of property value considering appreciation, supply and demand, presentation, price-per-square foot comparison, and image.
- We have access to over 30,000 property listings, updated continuously; 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- We will conduct all searches for properties that work with your criteria and will suggest a number of options to satisfy your housing & lifestyle needs, including types of property, different neighborhoods, types of amenities, and layout configurations.
- We will recommend Title Companies, or work with yours to make sure an appropriate contract is prepared and signed promptly.
- If you haven’t pre qualified for a loan, we will recommend and coordinate all activities regarding your financing of the prospect property.
- Evaluate your budget – know what you want to spend for a down payment as well as monthly expenditures (i.e.; maintenance or common charges and real estate taxes, monthly mortgage payment, utilities, parking, etc)
- Obtain mortgage pre-approval
- Prioritize your needs – space, light, views, amenities, etc.
- Identify your timeline for moving
- Explore different neighborhoods to identify your preferred needs
- Research schools in the selected neighborhood(s)
- Evaluate access to transportation in the selected neighborhood(s)
- Evaluate neighborhood amenities and rules in terms of your needs (i.e.; washer/dryer permitted, gym on premise, fencing policies, storage facilities, etc.)
- Seek pre-approval for a mortgage: Typical time frame: 1 – 2 daysYou must know how much you can spend before you spend it. FHA loans require at least 3% down (though specialty programs exist); Conventional generally require around 5% down. However, every lender is different. USDA and VA programs require $0 down and some lenders offer specialized programs for different areas of employment, or military background.
- Find a property: Typical time frame: 1 week – 2 monthsDepending on what you are looking for, the length of your search will vary. The average person sees 10-15 apartments before deciding on one. Internet-savvy buyers save time by doing their ‘homework’ before their search. The average number of apartments viewed before buying by our internet buyers is 4-5.
- Negotiate on the House: Typical time frame: 1 day to 1 weekEverything is negotiable so inquire about assessments, fixtures, window replacements, air conditioners, rugs, floors, curtains, appliances, working fireplaces, washer dryers, etc. Properties are typically delivered ‘swept clean’.
- Sign a Contract: Typical time frame: 2 days – 1 weekThe buyers sign the contract and forward the contract with earnest money; the buyers then order an inspection. Afterwards, the bank orders an appraisal, and once all has been approved, we are clear to close.Possible contingencies: financing, closing dates. The quicker the contract can be signed, the better. A contract is binding only after both parties sign it.
- Apply for a mortgage: Receive Commitment Letter from Lender. Typical time frame: 1 – 3 weeksMortgage applications cannot be processed without an executed contract.
- Schedule a Closing: Typical time frame: 1-2 weeksTypical time frame from the time a property is found, to the time an apartment closes: 1 – 2 mos.